The Opportunity to Receive a Christian Education
There is a significant gap between the cost of education and what Rehoboth parents can afford to pay for tuition. The Sponsorship Program helps provide tuition assistance for families who desire a Christian Education for their children but cannot afford the full cost of tuition. Your support through the Sponsorship Program provides that assistance, bridging the gap and making a life-changing education possible for children who otherwise can become trapped in a cycle of poverty, hopelessness, and limitation.
Because of the work of Rehoboth Christian School, hundreds of Navajo and Zuni students are receiving a top notch education and are provided opportunities to learn and grow through our unique programming and dedicated Christian teachers.
The Opportunity for a Relationship Based on Christ-centered Love and Christian Encouragement
Here in the Four Corners region of the United States, the devastation of poverty, alcoholism, gambling, unemployment, gang violence, domestic abuse, and teen suicide hides in unexpected places.
Our students are in need of emotional and spiritual support, Christ-centered love and encouragement. Your prayers for their safety, educational and spiritual development are critical. Sponsored students greatly value your prayers, and delight in the partnership our school has had with its supporters.
Common Sponsorship Questions
Our Sponsorship Program is heavily based on partnership, so we hope you will correspond through letters with your student throughout the school year. All mail should be sent to the school through the Advancement Office (attn: Sponsorship Program).
The Advancement Office will not give your student and their family your mailing address or phone number without your verbal consent. We require all correspondences from both sponsor and student to be processed through the Advancement Office for the safety and security of both parties.
Sending your sponsored student a photograph of you and your family and a short letter of introduction helps your student to get to know you. You will be provided with a card at the beginning of each school year, and we encourage you to write to your student at least two times a year.
Yes! If you are in the area, please stop by. It is a wonderful opportunity for you to meet your student face to face and further develop your relationship. We do ask that you call the Advancement Office at 505.726.9609 to let us know when you are going to be stopping by. If you wish to meet your students’ family, please call the Advancement Office to make further arrangements.
Lodging is available on campus. If you are interested, please let us know so that we can make reservations!
You will hear from and about your child throughout the school year. As a sponsor you will receive a photo and personal profile and a progress report of your student to help you direct your love and prayers. Your student will write to you a minimum of twice during the school year (fall and spring), and you will be updated on his or her progress.
For just $300, $500, $750, $1,000, or $1,500 or greater (annually) you can sponsor a Rehoboth student. We ask that all open pledges be completed by the end of the current school year (June 30) to help in meeting our annual tuition assistance goals, and that renewed pledges for the new school year be confirmed by August when the students return. Rehoboth Christian School is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization and you will receive a gift receipt in the mail for your gift.
We encourage sponsors to support their student(s) in various ways, which includes gifts for special occasions such as birthdays, holidays, or graduation.
- Money - cash preferred as some families don’t have checking accounts or accessible ways to cash a check.
- If you would prefer to send a check, please contact the Advancement Office at 505.726.9609.
- Gift Card - Walmart, JCPenny’s, Visa gift cards
- Age appropriate toys that foster creativity and promote education. Please limit food, candy, and beverages.
Our Rehoboth Sponsorship Program operates on an annual basis. We ask that all sponsors recommit their pledge for the new school year by August when the students return.
We will do our best to keep you matched with your current student. However, if your student no longer qualifies for the Sponsorship Program or if your student leaves Rehoboth Christian School, you will be notified and reassigned to a new student.
Often pledges are completed early. Any additional gifts beyond your sponsorship pledge will be allotted to our Annual Fund unless specified otherwise. Pledges that are set up on EFT will still be deducted monthly for the Sponsorship Program.
- Credit Card -- Credit card information can be written on any of our return envelopes and mailed to Rehoboth Christian School, PO Box 41, Rehoboth, NM 87322. You can also call any member of the Advancement Office at 505.863.4412, and we can take your information over the phone. We do not store any credit card information in our database.
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) -- Provides for electronic payments and collections. EFT is safe, secure, efficient, and less expensive than paper check payments and collections. Monthly payments can be automatically withdrawn from your checking account with this convenient method.
- Please print and complete the EFT Check form online at http:// www.rcsnm.org/makeagiftannual.cfm and mail to Rehoboth Christian School, c/o Advancement Office, PO Box 41, Rehoboth, NM 87322.
- Checks -- Can be mailed to Rehoboth Christian School, PO Box 41, Rehoboth, NM 87322. Please be sure to include “Sponsorship Program” in the memo so we can account your gift accordingly.
- Cash -- Can be mailed to Rehoboth Christian School, PO Box 41, Rehoboth, NM 87322. Please be sure to include “Sponsorship Program” and your contact information so we can account your gift accordingly.
- PayPal -- Enables any individual or business with an email address to securely, easily and quickly send and receive payments online.