Giving During Your Lifetime
Barnabas Foundation’s Stewards Fund, a donor-advised fund, is one of the best ways to maximize and simplify charitable giving. In fact, many have found that using a Steward's Fund restores or increases the joy of giving - and God loves cheerful givers! (2 Corinthians 9:7)
- The Stewards Fund enables a donor to make a one-time gift to Barnabas Foundation and decide later how the gift will be distributed to the donor’s favorite charities.
- The donor receives an immediate tax benefit and has plenty of time to determine which charities to support.
- The Stewards Fund also provides the flexibility to ensure that gifts are applied in the most effective way.
- A donor can give appreciated assets, like stock; arrange for the sale of a business; or use the Fund as an alternative to a family foundation.
- The Stewards Fund accommodates many charitable gift opportunities, and also allows the donor to designate multiple charities from a single gift.
- A Stewards Fund account can be established by contributing a number of different types of assets. There is no set-up fee for this account and individuals may gain tax benefits as well, depending on the asset(s) they contribute.