Graduation is Friday, May 25 @ 7PM!
Class Verse: Isaiah 41:10: So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Flower: Cherry Blossom
Song: Good Riddance by Greenday
First semester exams are as always.
2nd semester senior exams take place during the week prior to the senior trip (May 14-18). This week is attended as a normal school week for Seniors. Students may earn exam exemptions as outlined below.
Seniors will be exempt from their second semester final exam in a class if:
- They are passing the class and have maintained or raised their average in that class from the end of the 3rd quarter.
- They have no more than 4 absences (excused or unexcused) that semester.
- They have no disciplinary referrals during that semester.
- There has not been a Senior Prank.
- They have no outstanding financial obligations, uniform returns or other obligations.
Seniors and their families are on their own to create their Graduation announcements. We do not have a partnership with any company as a school.
Due beginning of the Second Semester
They can be submitted in a digital format (e-mailed, on CD, jumpdrive) or can be brought in as a copy and the yearbook staff can scan. Email them to email@example.com
- Caps & Gowns: $25
- RCS will order the caps and gowns.
- Payment is due May 7.
- Seniors will receive their caps and gowns at graduation rehearsal on May 25
- The tentative dates for the senior trip are May 19 – 22
- Cost: Student pay $100. Anything over $100 is fundraised as a class, or a cheaper trip chosen. Payment is due May 7.
Important Dates: Completed Portfolios due on March 9 (End of Q3), Senior Presentations on April 23.
The guidelines for seniors to be eligible to participate in graduation as below.
Rehoboth Christian School seniors are invited to participate in the graduation ceremony if the following conditions are met.
- They will be within 1.0 credit of completing the diploma requirements at the end of the 3rd quarter by passing their currently scheduled classes and have shown evidence of any other necessary credits being made up and/or evidence that they are enrolled to make up any other necessary credits.
- They have successfully completed their senior portfolio and senior presentation.
- Their family has no balance remaining on their family tuition account 2 weeks prior to graduation
- There are no outstanding disciplinary reprimands
- NOTE: If a student loses a required credit(s) due to failure or absences after the 3rd quarter that places them more than 1.0 credit shy of diploma requirements they will not be invited to participate in the graduation ceremony.
The actual requirements for graduating with a diploma are outlined in the Parent/Student Handbook. All Students who are lacking credit towards graduation at the start of this year have been met with and a plan has been developed. Students not eligible participate at graduation at the end of the 3rd quarter will be notified at that time.
- ACT Dates - http://www.actstudent.org/regist/dates.html
- Beginning of 2nd Sem: Senior Pictures due to Yearbook staff
- March 9: Senior Portfolio Completed
- Tuesday April 23: Senior Presentations
- May 7: Senior Payments Due - Cap and Gown Fee ($25), Senior Trip ($100)
- May 14 – 18: 2nd Semester Senior Exams – Seniors attend school as a normal week
- May 19 – 22: Senior Trip (tentative)
- May 24: Graduation Rehearsal for Speakers (Valedictorian, Salutatorian) at 2:00PM
- May 25: Graduation Rehearsal for all Seniors at 10:00AM
- May 25: Graduation at 7:00PM, Graduates report at 6:00PM, Doors open at 5:30PM