School Lunch Program
RCS participates in the New Mexico Free/Reduced program :
Please return Free/Reduced NM application to the RCS Administration Building.
RCS Wellness Policy
Click here to read our Wellness Policy
Wellness Team Representatives
- Childcare Center Director: Eryn Hannink
- Champion/Food Service Authority: Susan Eddy
- Physical Education: Myron Postma
- Parent: Autumn Newell
- Teachers: Tim Bruinius
- Staff: Melvina Musket
- Student: Johnathon Copley, Philip Eddy
- School Nurse: Tonia Martin
- Administration: Bob Ippel
As required by law, a local wellness policy, at a minimum, shall include:
- Goals for nutrition education, physical activity and other school-based activities that are designed to promote student wellness.
- Nutrition guidelines for all foods available on campus during the school day with the objective of promoting student health and reducing childhood obesity.
- Guidelines for reimbursable school meals.
- A plan for measuring implementation of the wellness policy, including designation of one or more persons within the school, as appropriate, charged with operational responsibility for ensuring that the school fulfills the local wellness
- Community involvement, including parents, students and representatives of the school food authority, the school board, school administrators, and the public in the development of the school wellness policy.
- Parties & Celebrations
- Screen Time & handheld devices.
- Staff Wellness
- Family engagement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for Agriculture (USDA) civil rights employees, and institutions discriminating based on race, prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
NSLP News - Press Release - 8/28/2018